Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Peaches Anyone???





Feel like making a peach cobbler or just eating a fresh, juicy peach? Well...I have the place for you! We went down to Forgie's Fruit Farm last week and picked fresh peaches. The farm is about 30 minutes south of Spring Hill. Once you get there, they give you baskets and you hop on a trailer (like a hay ride) and get pulled by a tractor to the top of a hill and off you go to pick your peaches. They have different varieties of peaches to pick (we picked Harvester and my favorite Red Haven). We enjoyed picking the peaches at .79 a pound (great deal since they have been $1.29 at Publix and are not nearly as good). I think Brock enjoyed the ride up hill more than anything. It made for a fun day and we have lots of peaches to show for it. If you want information on Forgies's Fruit Farm go to www.forgiesfruitfarm.com or CLICK HERE.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I am so glad to see you joining the blogging world! We are so glad to have you! I will definitely add you to my list ASAP! I am going to have to check this farm out. I have been thinking lately that I wanted to take Connor to pick strawberries somewhere. Do you know of a farm for these? Me and my Mom always did this growing up and C loves them so I thought it would be fun! Hope you are feeling well!

cami (marley's mommy) said...

yea! I love you page-it looks really good! im gonna have to get tabitha to hook my page up too! im so excited that i can check in on you all the time! im adding you to my favorites!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool, Rachel. What a wonderful way to share information with your friends. Is that Brody in the ultrasound? Love ya....mattbat

Tara said...

Thanks for the info on strawberries and blueberries! I thought to myself after I wrote that, that the season had already ended... Stupid me! I absolutely love blueberries and they are so expensive in the stores that I would love to pick some. Let me know if you want to go together. Take care!