Brody is 7 months now, so today I decided to introduce yogurt into his diet. At lunch, I mixed organic vanilla whole milk yogurt with organic sweet potatoes. He ate it all. Five minutes after I fed it to him, I saw welts all around his mouth, and around his eyes. I took his clothes off to find welts on his body. During all of this, he started sneezing a lot. Snot was pouring out of his nose (it was clear) and his is not sick. Also, he started to throw up.
Normally, Erik is home during the day sleeping, but today he had SWAT, so he was at work. I called the triage nurse at my pediatrician's office and explained his symptoms. She told me to give him Children's Benadryl and watch to make sure that he wasn't drooling excessively. Are you kidding me? He is 7 months old, he drools like crazy. But obviously, I was looking to see if his throat was closing (oh boy). I also needed to look for any signs that he was having problems breathing. While all of this was going on, Brock was running around in his underwear oblivious to what was happening. Thank the Lord, my mom, Aunt and cousin were on their way to Independence to check out the high school (my family is moving here from FL) and they bought some Benadryl and brought it over for Brody (note to self: always keep Children's liquid Benadryl in the house). Once we gave Brody the Benadryl, some of the welts seemed to calm down.
I let Brody sleep on me during his nap so I could monitor his breathing. He was so congested that he had to breathe through his mouth. Tomorrow, we are taking him to the Dr. to have some blood tests done to see what he is allergic too (Umm...maybe whole milk?)
Should be interesting....this is new to me. Maybe this is why he has been having problems with eczema...we will see.
Lazy Samoas
13 years ago
4 comments:
How scary! Praying for the BEST right now... please keep us posted!
Hope you feel better, little Brody!
OMG! I have some Benadryl on hand too! Hopefully he grows out of it!
OMG! I have some Benadryl on hand too! Hopefully he grows out of it!
This is the same reaction Connor had to eggs. Definitely scary! I learned the lesson about having Benadryl in the house when Connor was 4 months old. He broke out when Cooper licked him and I totally freaked!
Post a Comment