Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Be Patient, Be Patient, Don't be in Such a Hurry...



Do any of you remember/know that song. The snail singing to his son in the really old children’s musical about the fruits of the Spirit.


I was making the boys lunch and Brock was asking, "Mommy, are you making my lunch?" "Mommy, where is my lunch?" etc. I told him to be patient and then the rest of the words just came off of my lips and I started to sing a song from when I was a little girl. I forgot some of the words a little bit through and just hummed it, then I thought, surely it has to be on the computer somewhere. Sure enough...I found the lyrics and sang it to Brock. THEN...I found the actual song on the Internet and he got to hear the snail sing it and we both started cracking up. If you know this song...here's to reminiscing! Otherwise, it is cute and teaches a lesson in patience. Next time you tell your child to "Be patient" you will think of this song...at least I do :)


Chorus

Be patient. Be patient. Don’t be in such a hurry.When you get impatient You only start to worry. Remember. Remember.That God is patient too and Think of all the times when others Have to wait for you.



5 comments:

Hightowerz said...

Ha ha!!! Not only do I remember that song, I was sing/humming my own version of that to my kids the other day! A blast from the past!!! Love it!

k.mart said...

So cute! What a great teachable moment to grab onto, Mama!

Though I don't know the song, it sounds precious.

Lea Whittaker said...

Not sure if you remember me. I have met you a time or two at play groups with Sara and Michelle Lindsey. I saw your blog from Sara's.....I will have to look up this song. I am always asking my boys to be patient! I look forward to following your blog...hope you don't mind:)

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Hey Lea,
Yes, I remember you :) Feel free to follow along. I am better with updating on my food allergy blog www.allergenfreeplease.blogspot.com, but I try to keep browntown updated with family stuff :)

Lea Whittaker said...

I will follow them both. I am new to blogging since we moved from family but love to read others to gather ideas and encouragement. Brock's haircut is very cute by the way....amazing how much it can change their look!