Monday, March 8, 2010

Been Waiting For a Letter...

Who would have known how stressful it is trying to get your kid into pre-school? The whole process trying to find the one that is the best fit for your child; tours, looking at curriculum, questions and then once you have decided, waiting...hoping that there is a space for your child IN THE FALL (and all of this is done in January!)

Once we decided on the preschool that felt right for us, I knew we were supposed to get a letter at the beginning of March letting us know if Brock would be able to attend in the fall. This week, I have been looking for the mail lady each day. Normally, this is not the case, because I know my mailbox mostly filled with bills and other fillers.

On Friday, I immediately noticed an envelope that wasn't the size of a bill and grabbed it. It said, "To the Parents of Brock Brown." I ripped it open right in front of my busy street and scanned it as quickly as I could, looking for anything that showed that they had a spot for him. Brock had gotten in! You would have thought I was looking at a college admissions letter....and this is PRE-SCHOOL!!!! Oh, the road we have ahead :)



2 comments:

Corinne said...

Aw great!!! That is such a big step :) He is growing up! I'll get to you in a year or two for the digs on how to get her in!

k.mart said...

Congrats to Brock! :) Bells and Spanish here he comes...