Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Whole Food Based Nutrition

I have been taking Juice Plus+ for almost 5 years now and LOVE the whole food based nutrition to bridge the gap between what I eat and what I should eat. I got on Juice Plus when we were trying to conceive our first child it was not happening as quickly as I would have liked it to. I started searching for options to get healthier and once I saw the research on Juice Plus, I was so impressed and I loved that it is nutrition from whole food and not isolated vitamins. My entire family is on it now and we wouldn't go a day without it.

I give the Chewables, which are 17 different fruit and vegetable powder blends (that contain no artificial flavors, colors, or high fructose corn syrup) to my 3 1/2 year old and I am also able to give them to Brody since they are free of the top 8 allergens and made in a certified allergen free facility (and 100% vegetarian)!!! *Before Brody could eat the chewables, I just opened one capsule of red (juice powders) and one green (vegetable powders) into his applesauce everyday. I have directions from a Pediatrician who shares Juice Plus+ with his patients on how to give capsule powders to children who are not ready to eat the chewables.

I know my boys do not eat all of the fruits and vegetables and VARIETY that they should (even though I try really hard). Juice Plus allows my boys to get the vitamins and nutrients from the fruits and vegetables that they are not getting in their diet.

We also make shakes using Juice Plus+ Complete, which comes in chocolate or vanilla; it is a whole food based powder that provides balanced nutrition and can be added to soy milk, rice milk, regular milk, etc. I make smoothies with it and add fresh/frozen fruit. Juice Plus Complete contains no sucrose, no caffeine, no saturated fat, no cholesterol and no artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors or preservatives. It is also free of corn, yeast, wheat, egg or milk products (unless you use regular milk to make your shake of course) ! This is a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert for my family and gives us a nutritional boost. I also add ground flax seed to the shake (you can't taste it and it adds fiber and omega 3's).

There is a video on my website (underneath the capsules) you can check it out to get some more information about Juice Plus. Dr. Sears is on the video and touches on children's diet/nutrition. I love Dr. Sears...he is great :) http://www.rachelsharesjuiceplus.com/

Did you know that your child (age 4-college) can get Juice Plus chewables for FREE for up to 3 years with an Adult Sponsor taking JP+ capsules?

Email me at rachelsharesjuiceplus (at) gmail (dot) com if you have any questions or would like more information.



Also, check out the Wellness Workshop tab for the next class!

1 comment:

Tara said...

That is great! I need to try some of these great products with Connor. Since he is so picky it would be a great way for him to get these nutrients. Thsnks so much again for sharing all of these things!