Even Brody is getting into finding the elf :)My mom bought Brock and Brody an Elf (with storybook) so we can start the Elf on the Shelf tradition. We started it the day after Thanksgiving (AKA: Black Friday) and will continue it until Christmas Eve.
We read the book to Brock, explained how the elf "worked" and so the tradition begins. Every morning Brock runs out of his room to find where the elf has settled for the day. At night, the elf takes off to the North Pole to report what he has seen during the day to Santa. I gently remind Brock that "The Elf is Watching" when behavior starts to get off task. It's pretty funny. I am lovin' it. Brock is really having a fun time with it. I can't wait for the boys to get older so I can great really creative with the elf's hiding places.
We read the book to Brock, explained how the elf "worked" and so the tradition begins. Every morning Brock runs out of his room to find where the elf has settled for the day. At night, the elf takes off to the North Pole to report what he has seen during the day to Santa. I gently remind Brock that "The Elf is Watching" when behavior starts to get off task. It's pretty funny. I am lovin' it. Brock is really having a fun time with it. I can't wait for the boys to get older so I can great really creative with the elf's hiding places.
Right now, my biggest challenge is to remember to "move" the elf after Brock is asleep and before he wakes up in the morning :)


2 comments:
How fun! I've never heard of this before.
I love it! My friend just got one and she said her daughter eats all her food when the elf is watching. It's hilarious. I've got to get one! :o)
Post a Comment