

Last Friday, Brock and I went to Golden Bell Blueberry Farm with our friends Tara and Connor. I had never picked blueberries before, so I didn't know what to expect. When we got there, I saw a couple who had picked 6 lbs of blueberries each and thought for sure that I would be able to pick a couple of pounds to have some to bake with and some to freeze for later. Brock and Connor were great, they stayed close by and played with sticks while Tara and I picked. Picking tiny ripe blueberries was harder than I had thought. Not to mention, as I was picking them, Brock wanted to eat them (don't worry...the owner said it was alright and that they don't spray the blueberries with anything). After about 2 hours of sweating, reaching for big blue blueberries towards the top of the bush and getting poked with branches, I proudly brought my basket to be weighed. I have to say that I was disappointed when they said I had only picked a pound. Oh well...only cost me $2.50 :) We had fun and Brock's belly was full of blueberries when we left. I did bring my camera, but when I pulled it out the battery died so these pictures are after the fact and I promise we had more blueberries...we have been eating them. If you are interested in picking blueberries at Golden Bell Blueberry Farm in Franklin...better hurry...last day for picking is this Saturday, August 9th (they are also closed on Wednesdays), They are open from 7am-1pm and it costs $2.50 lb (cash only) CLICK HERE for the website
2 comments:
how cute! i dont know if marley has ever had a blueberry! you guys are always doin' fun stuff! i love reading about it!!
Again, we had so much fun with you guys! The boys had fun together. We will have to do it again soon! Maybe a playdate indoors would be better! You guys should come over to the house sometime. The pics are so good of Brock! I must ask, are you sure the last one isnt of Eric! Oh my gosh, Brock looks just like him!
Post a Comment